My name is Amanda! (You can also pronounce it “Manda”, this is my favorite way to say it.) I’m the co-author here at amanjoywrites, as God is The Author!
My King and Savior is Jesus Christ, The Maker of the Heavens and the Earth! I pray that He will keep molding me into His image day by day. I hope as I get older, to especially serve like He does. His heart overflows with such love!
I am a book lover. Especially of His Word, The Bible! I really enjoy reading the gospels and Paul’s letters. In Paul’s writing I like how vulnerable and transparent he is. He’s not trying to put on a mask or fake confidence, when he doesn’t have any. May we all learn from him!
Writing has been such a blessing to me. From when I was little, I struggled with learning how to read. It was hard. Although, I did have determination and remember carrying giant chapter books around like Jane Austen’s when I was five. Then, when I learned how to write, it was a challenge too. At the age of ten, I dreaded doing a book report. I couldn’t sum up what I’d learned, and I looked upon myself with disgust for that. Then, at the age of twelve, God gave me poetry. He awoke this flow and love of words, that I hadn’t known was there. I’ve come a long way since then. Going from dreading to pick up my pencil, to loving creating words with God! Writing is one of the sweetest times I spend with Him. I absolutely love how He works.
Here are a few random facts about me:
1) I’ll have pizza for breakfast.
2) Three is my favorite number.
3) I’ve overcome in reading and writing, but I often can’t find the word I’m looking for, especially when speaking. This makes for some gentle teasing from friends and family- and a lot of laughter. Like instead of saying Confectioners Sugar I’ve said, “Confederate Sugar”.
4) Alongside Jesus and writing, piano and flute are my passions!
5) I’d rather lose my sight than my hearing.
6) Dump Cake is yummy! That’s all. 🙂
So, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little more!
However, this blog isn’t about me, but Him! My goal for this blog is to encourage you and glorify God.
Thanks for stopping by!